It’s true, we live in a culture that celebrates youth. But sometimes feeling young doesn’t equate to looking young. Accordingly, men and women, alike, are turning to cosmetic procedures to help them maintain a youthful, fresh appearance for as long as possible – with their appearance reflecting the way they feel inside. Aging, cumulative sun exposure, the loss of skin elasticity and repeated muscle contractions can combine to create a drooping, furrowed brow – creating a habitually stressed and tired look.
A popular cosmetic surgical procedure that addresses the brow is a Brow Lift, designed to revitalize a sagging, drooping or lined forehead and refresh the area between the brows and the upper eyelids for a less tired, stressed and angry look.
If you’ve heard of this procedure and want to know more, read on.
• A brow lift can smooth the horizontal lines on your forehead, making you look less stressed.
• A brow lift can elevate your brows and return them to a more youthful position, taking years off of your appearance.
• A brow lift can improve the appearance of sagging folds above your eyelids.
• A brow lift can reduce “crow’s feet.”
• A brow lift can make your brows more symmetrical.
• A brow lift can erase the vertical creases between your brows – the creases that make you look tired, angry, stressed and worried.
• And, here’s a side benefit: For some patients, improving the appearance and position of the brows and removing sagging skin above the eyes makes it easier for them to see.
Our surgeons will consult with you to determine the best procedure for your unique situation and will explain the two types of brow lifts (the coronal brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift). A brow lift typically takes one to three hours and is performed as an outpatient procedure using local anesthesia paired with conscious sedation to help you relax.
You may need to rest for about a week following your brow lift and will be advised to follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully for the most optimum outcome.
If you’d like to learn more about brow lifts and discuss whether or not this would be the best cosmetic procedure for you, call to schedule a consultation, today: (508) 334-5990.