As one of the most difficult and challenging procedures in plastic surgery, the decision to undergo a nose-reshaping procedure is not easy to make. By and large, it takes a lot of research on your end — from how to prepare for the procedure to the surgical technique itself to what you need to do post-procedure to ensure optimum recovery.
If you’ve been considering rhinoplasty for a while now, choosing your surgeon carefully is crucial. There is no such thing as the perfect outcome in rhinoplasty but your chances of achieving excellent cosmetic results is higher if you choose a surgeon with solid experience in performing rhinoplasty, technical expertise, and artistic skill. He or she should also be an effective communicator and should have your best interests at heart.
So how do you go about finding a rhinoplasty surgeon with the aforementioned qualities? We have outlined a quick guide for you below!
- Check for a valid medical license.
- Figure out if the surgeon practices rhinoplasty as a specialty. In general, plastic surgeons specializing in a particular niche tend to exhibit greater skills than non-specialists. In addition, plastic surgeons with specializations often keep themselves up to date with the recent advancements in their niche.
- Review the surgeon’s portfolio. Although before-and-after photographs may be present online on the surgeon’s website, you might want to visit the surgeon for a personal consultation as there are photographs that can be reviewed inside their offices (some patients do not allow for their photos posted online but permits an in-office review).
- Ask for references from trusted family members and friends. Word-of-mouth endorsements makes it possible for you to have first-hand accounts of a surgeon’s bedside manner and level of responsiveness to patient concerns. In addition, you also get to see the outcomes in person.
- Evaluate the quality of personal consultation with the plastic surgeon. During the consultation, you should be completely comfortable with the surgeon and the rest of the team in his or her practice. By and large, the consultation is one of the crucial moments in which a surgeon-patient relationship is established.
Finding an Experienced and Trusted Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Worcester and neighboring areas
Our team is made up of board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians who are members of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Aside from being highly skilled, they are highly committed to staying up to date on the latest techniques and procedures. In addition, our plastic surgeons are among the most experienced in the Central New England region!
We invite you to get in touch with us today! Call Julie Gilson, our very accommodating patient coordinator, at 508-334-5990 or fill out this contact form today to set up a consultation.