Lucky you! You worked hard, were dedicated and disciplined and you achieved your weight loss goals! You feel slimmer and trimmer…but the loss of weight has left you with excess, sagging, dimpled skin on your buttocks. You just may be a perfect candidate for a Buttocks Lift, a procedure especially designed to tighten loose skin, reduce the appearance of dimpled skin and contribute to your goal of a firmer, youthful, proportionate body image.
Buttocks lifts are one of the most popular plastic surgery options. They can be customized to meet each individual patient’s unique needs and desired results. But they are serious surgical procedures that should only be considered if you have not been able to achieve your desired results in other ways.
Here are some things to think about before opting for this procedure:
- Ensure that your general health is good. You will be put under anesthesia and will need to recovery properly.
- Are you psychologically healthy? It is important that you have realistic expectations for your procedure.
- You must currently be at a stable weight; fluctuations could reverse your results.
- It is recommended that patients who have experienced a large weight loss sustain a healthy weight for at least three months prior to surgery.
- You must be over the age of 18.
- If you are a smoker, you will be asked to quit for several weeks prior to surgery, as smoking can compromise your ability to heal well.
- Avoid drinking to excess as this can also interfere with the surgical process.
The procedure takes about 2 hours and is done on an outpatient basis. Depending on the size of your lift, you may spend a night or two in a hospital or skilled nursing facility. As with all surgeries, you can expect some swelling and bruising at the incision sites but these will gradually decrease as healing continues. You can also expect some pain which can be easily managed with medications.
If you think a Buttocks Lift is in your future, call for a consultation!