The Holidays are upon us…along with exciting times with family and friends. If you have been examining your skin, noticing the changes time, hormones, the environment and heredity have wrought, now may be the perfect time for a chemical peel. More and more men and women are turning to chemical peels as a treatment for age spots, blemishes, large pores, acne scars, uneven skin pigmentation and pre-cancerous growths.
Facial peels are one of the oldest cosmetic procedures in the world. Today, peels are popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin which uses a solution of alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and/or phenol to remove the skin’s dry, damaged, outer layers, smoothing and enhancing its texture. Dr. Dunn will carefully examine and evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible results.
Patients with light hair and fair skin are great candidates for chemical peels. Those who have darker skin may still achieve good results, depending on the problem being treated.
Although chemical peels can improve the appearance of fine lines, they are not designed to treat deep wrinkles, which are more effectively treated with dermal fillers.
- Your peel will be performed in the cosmetic surgery center and you should be able to go home the same day.
- A full facial peel usually takes about 15 minutes.
- Anesthesia is not necessary as the chemical solution acts as an anesthetic. Sedation may be used, however, before and during the chemical peel, to ensure that you are relaxed and comfortable.
- Your new pink skin will emerge 7-10 days following the procedure. The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive.
- Avoid the sun until the pinkness fades and remember to use sunscreen every day.
- Recovery time varies with each patient.
If you would like a fresh, glowing look for the Holidays, call to book a consultation appointment: (508) 334-5990.
No comments yet.