Here at our Worcester plastic surgery practice, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is one of our popular procedures. This body-contouring type of surgery is geared towards removing excess skin and fat in the abdominal area and tightening the abdominal muscles for a firmer and flatter look. However, not everyone may be an ideal candidate for this procedure.
By and large, you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck given the following conditions:
- you are in excellent health and would love to get rid of loose, sagging abdominal skin and/or strengthen weak abdominal muscles
- you just had childbirth and would like to improve the appearance of your belly following childbirth
- you just experienced massive weight loss but would like to get rid of the loose fat or skin extending to your back or sides
- you are more or less within the range of your ideal weight
- you have realistic expectations of the surgery
Who May Not Be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
You may not be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck if:
- you have existing health problems – you may have to make sure that you are fully healed or recovered from such health condition
- you are overweight or underweight – you may have to gain more weight or shed a few pounds
- you have plans of getting pregnant in the future – it may be best to postpone tummy tuck after your last pregnancy as the muscles that are lifted and tightened during a tummy tuck may separate again during pregnancy and childbirth
Your Tummy Tuck Surgery Initial Consultation
So you’re not sure yet if you’re a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery? Worry not! An initial consultation with one of our highly experienced tummy tuck surgeons will help you figure out whether or not you’re a good candidate. We can also recommend ways to help you become an ideal candidate if you have difficulties becoming one upon initial consultation.
Call Julie Gilson, our very accommodating patient coordinator, at 508-334-5990 or fill out this contact form to set up a consultation.We look forward to your visit!