There are times when, no matter how much we diet and exercise, stubborn fat just won’t go away. Do not distress, liposuction offered by any one of the six skilled, board-certified UMass Memorial cosmetic surgeons can help. At UMass, we use the latest liposuction equipment – including laser and power-assisted – to remove unwanted fat deposits.
Liposuction Can Beat the Fat
In our daily lives, we accumulate fat by consuming tempting foods that just won’t burn off naturally. Diet and exercise regimens fail us and lead to resistant fat deposits. Laser technology melts fat away while bruising and swelling are minimized. Our laser liposuction technology also tightens skin elasticity.
Liposuction beats unwanted fat deposits in the:
The success of liposuction requires a long-term, fit lifestyle that includes a healthy nutrition and exercise regimen.
Liposuction Procedure Benefits
Our natural aging process changes body metabolism substantially. We accumulate unwanted fat in many areas, primarily the abdomen. Stomach liposuction removes these excess fat deposits.
In addition to slimming the tummy, liposuction can be used to reduce annoying fat in other areas:
- Double chin
Liposuction Procedure Basic Steps
Liposuction surgery is performed under either local or general anesthesia. Your doctor will decide which option is best for you based on the extent of your surgery.
Then, the procedure begins:
- A special tumescent fluid is injected into the target areas
- Fat is plumped in preparation for aspiration, while blood vessels are constricted
- Fat is removed with minimal blood loss
- Small incisions are made to insert the fat aspiration instrument, the liposuction cannula
- A laser fiber is inserted to liquefy the fat
- The overlying skin is tightened
- Swelling and bruising are minimized
- Fat is then aspirated and sculpted skillfully with a power-assisted liposuction device
- A pressure garment is applied to decrease swelling post-procedure
It’s Time to Take the Leap for Liposuction
If you think you’re a candidate for liposuction, schedule a consultation at UMass Memorial by calling 508-334-5990. We are happy to discuss the procedure and your desired results. Check out our other popular aesthetic treatments, such as a buttock lift and tummy tuck.
Comments are closed.