Botox has become a household name over the past decade. Although its popularity can be mainly attributed to its wrinkle-reducing effect, there’s actually more to the injectable than reducing the appearance of forehead lines and wrinkles at the corners of the eyes. Here are some of the other surprising uses of Botox:
- Significant reduction of pain in chronic neck pain sufferers, particularly those with cervical dystonia
- Treatment of eyelid spasms and related eye muscle problems
- Treatment of migraine headaches; the treatment usually involves an injection of Botox into seven different spots in the forehead, neck, shoulders, and temples
- Temporary relief from hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating; results last six to seven months
- Treatment of symptoms associated with incontinence and overactive bladder in individuals over 18 years of age
- Significant reduction in muscle stiffness in the elbow, wrist, and fingers in individuals over 18 years of age
- Alternative to a surgical brow lift; a tiny amount of Botox is injected into the underlying muscles in the eyebrows
- Significant improvement in the appearance of a “gummy smile” or when large portions of the gums are exposed due to an excessively elevated upper lip. Botox is injected to weaken the muscles in the upper lip
- Experimental treatment of jaw disorders such as in TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain and lockjaw
Would you like to learn more about Botox? Call us at 508.334.5990 or fill out this contact form today to schedule a visit and learn more about the injectable. We look forward to your visit!
No comments yet.