Dermal fillers are popular amongst men and women because these quick treatments soften lines and wrinkles without downtime. You see immediate results thanks to the gel formulations that provide lift to the skin, and the anti-aging benefits can last for several months or longer with the proper post-treatment care.
Symptoms that May Develop After the Treatment
Some patients develop symptoms after their dermal fillers that are related to the injections and introducing a volume of gel into the skin layers. Symptoms are localized to the point where the needle was inserted as well as the area that was filled with the gel. A few of the more common symptoms are:
- Pinpoint bleeding
Recommended Care After Dermal Fillers
By following a few simple guidelines, you can protect the efficacy of your dermal fillers.
- Avoid massaging and rubbing for the first 24 hours.
- Minimize the amount of movement in the treatment area for the first few days.
- Avoid sunlight and heat for the first three days.
- Treat swelling by gently applying a cool compress every 15 minutes.
- Use non-prescription pain medications for discomfort.
- Elevate your head when sleeping for the first three days.
- Avoid salty foods and alcoholic drinks for the first 72 hours.
When to Contact Us
Although rare, complications may develop in some patients. You should contact us immediately if you notice:
- Asymmetry, bumps, pitting or clumps of gel
- Signs of infection, such as reddening of the skin and skin that feels warm to the touch
- Bleeding that is more pronounced than pinpoint bleeding or that does not resolve within 12 hours
- Lesions on the skin
- Itching and rashes
- Displacement or movement of the dermal filler gel
- No change in wrinkles or wrinkles that deepen or extend beyond the original treatment area
Learn More About Dermal Fillers. Contact UMass Memorial Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Dermal fillers provide men and women with exceptional anti-aging benefits when they are properly administered by experienced and qualified plastic surgeons. To learn more about dermal fillers, brow lifts, breast reduction and our services, contact UMass Memorial Cosmetic Surgery Center today to schedule a consultation. Our six board-certified plastic surgeons specialize in anti-aging, body contouring, cosmetic facial surgery and reconstructive surgery. We have offices in Worchester and South Dennis, and you can contact our office at (508) 334-5990.