Getting older…we all are. It’s impossible to halt Father Time’s relentless march.
But you don’t have to give in to it…even if you are a man or woman of “a certain age.”
Your body is amazing and resilient and so is your skin, but you have to care for your skin, just like you have to care for your body!
Those pesky wrinkles
As you age, your skin becomes less elastic, thinner and more vulnerable to wrinkles.
The harmful rays of the sun are the main cause of wrinkly skin. The rays break down your skin’s connective tissues and wrinkles are the result. Repeated, unprotected sun exposure can cause skin cancer and the affects of the sun’s damaging rays are cumulative over your lifetime.
Smiling is a good thing, but worrying is not. Those frown lines don’t need extra help to deepen! Most wrinkles appear around the eyes, eyebrows and mouth because of repeated facial expressions.
What’s to be done? Consider these 6 things:
Wrinkles are a natural result of aging, it’s true, but there are some things you can do to prevent them:
- Don’t scrub your skin with a rough cloth; don’t pull at your skin; use an easy touch when applying makeup, especially around the eye area.
- Use a good moisturizer and eye cream; a retinol cream applied daily may also reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Sunscreen is critically important but it doesn’t do any good in your bag. Be sure to choose a product that is at least 30 SPF and re-apply it often. Don’t forget your hands and neck.
- Try to stay indoors during the time of day when the sun’s rays are at their most damaging, between noon and five p.m. and stay away from tanning beds!
- Do you smoke? Cut back or quit. Smoking accelerates the aging process and causes wrinkles to appear prematurely.
- Consider injectable dermal fillers if your wrinkles are deep and pronounced.
Call our offices at 508.334.5990 to request a consultation with Dr. Dunn and let us help you live your most beautiful life, every day!